Rules of Ruinhollow
Ruinhallow is a special kind of Dungeon World game, built to allow players to come and go as they want, while still allowing them to affect the world and its story. Here is what you need to know if you want to play:
- Minimum three players per game.
- Maximum five players per game.
- Games will be run via Google Hangouts. Dice rolls will be done on Google Hangouts or via Google Chat.
- Games will typically be played on Mondays or Wednesdays, between 19:00-23:00, but that can and will change based on the GM and players' preferences.
- Players can come for one session, a few sessions, all sessions, and skip sessions. Once you join the game for the first time, every time you return you will run the "Returning Player" custom move with that session's GM.
- This is a Dungeon World game, and so players will have a large part of dictating the story. The world is built, but you will determine who are the major players in it, who are the bad guys, and what is at stake for each game.
- The maze that is Ruinhallow is affected by magic, in a large way. Portals appear and sweep the characters from place to place, oftentimes separating them, making each step uncertain and risky. Whatever room you walk into does not disappear into the ether, but once you leave it, it may be difficult to return (and in some cases it may be difficult to leave). As the characters advance, they will find items and characters that can help them stabilize the maze, allowing them to choose where to go to.
- Information about what the characters found is to be shared in the Adventure Log, and via a shared map. Information not shared, is unknown to the characters in game. The GM has zero obligation to fill in the blanks. Please do not use private or group emails to share info, as it will just clutter up people's inboxes, and get lost in the ether. If you prefer, information can be share via a shared Google Doc.
- Yes, you can switch characters freely between sessions. Each new character will be managed separately regarding the "Returning Players" rules.
- Ruinhallow is a PG13 game. If you want something "edgier," please look elsewhere.
- Although this is a "dungeon" adventure, it will include wilderness parts, urban town-like areas, etc. Feel free to bring your Druid, your Barbarian, or your Ranger and his bear to the table.
Back to Main Page.